1. colored or shining like gold.
"curls of glossy golden hair"
synonyms: blond/blonde, yellow, fair, flaxen, tow-colored
"her golden hair"
antonyms: dark, raven
2. made or consisting of gold.
"a golden crown"
3. (of a period) very happy and prosperous.
"those golden days before World War I"next card »
synonyms: successful, prosperous, flourishing, thriving
antonyms: unsuccessful, unhappy
– (of an opportunity) very favorable.
"a golden opportunity to boost foreign trade"
synonyms: excellent, fine, superb, splendid
4. (of a singing voice) rich and smooth.
"a choir of young golden voices"
5. denoting the fiftieth year of something.
"the American Ballet Theater's golden anniversary extravaganza"
« previous card